VAT is a fact for most businesses, but it can be complex and easy to get wrong given the significant number and types of transactions affected.
Many businesses therefore unintentionally over or underpay Value Added Tax (VAT), costing them money and often incurring penalties.
In particular, zero ratings and exempt supplies or purchases add to the scope for getting it wrong.
The widening parameters of this burdensome tax and frequent changes made by HM Revenue and Customs increasingly require the assistance of a professional to ensure that you comply with the relevant regulations.
IDS + Co provide an efficient VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration, when appropriate
- Assessment and application for flat rate scheme to save you money and also simplify VAT
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT controls and reconciliations
- Help with completing VAT returns/cash accounting
- Specialist technical review of VAT on proposed transactions
- Planning to minimise future problems with HM Revenue and Customs
- Negotiating with HM Revenue and Customs in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals
- VAT on property and avoiding the pitfalls
- VAT on foreign exports and imports.
Should you require specialist advice, we have a specialist VAT consultant who can assist.
Call us today for more information on VAT and your business.
For more information please contact Iain Sim or Gill Groom.